Why I Started Blogging

By Unknown - 05:05:00



If you asked me back in 2016 if I thought I'd still be blogging in 2018, then my answer would've probably been no. Originally I started it just for the summer to cure my boredom before developing a passion for it and wanting to continue.

I started blogging because I was inspired by those before me, who I have mentioned on a few occasions which you can find here. In a day and age where media and influencers predominately revolve around platforms such as YouTube, I wanted to begin on a platform that I could grow on at a slower rate beforehand, testing the waters if you will. I love YouTube, however at this point in my life I can't see myself vlogging my life and being the next 'Zoella' or someone who aspires to be her. I use YouTube to promote my films and only that. Blogging was something that appealed to me due to its simplicity and complexity at the same time, it allowed me to explore multiple things at once without a time constraint. Perhaps one day I'll venture into YouTube alongside my blog, but at the moment not so much.

Like I said, originally I started blogging to cure boredom but over the last 2 years it's meaning has become something so much more. In those two years this blog has achieved so much already, one of the biggest milestones was hitting 5,000 total views last year, but my plans for this blog go even more down the road of success. Currently as writing the blog is at 6,100+ total views while writing, I'm estimating that it'll hit 10,000 by the end of the year with its current growth. I want my blog to go a lot further and I hope that it will, but it'll always be about fun for me on here, and staying transparent and authentic. I'd say my blogging style has changed a lot, and is currently changing once again.

Growth happens whether we like it or not. When I first started I didn't really know what I was doing, I'm still learning to this day about what to write and what posts I prefer and what posts the readers of my blog prefer too. Change helps. Change is good. I'm personally a big fan of it. In terms of my writing style, I prefer writing longer blog posts, but it's not always possible to do so, or I'm battling writer's block. I'm branching out in terms of my blogging style, creeping into new area's that weren't originally part of my blog when I first started. This change has happened alongside my own personal growth and wanting to add things I was passionate about to my blog, and hopefully that come across in my writing.

I remember a time where I was very stressed and panicked to try positing a blog post every day for Blogmas. I wanted to challenge myself and I did. I stated last year that I wouldn't be doing it that year, however this year I'm up for it again. Maybe a little bit more relaxed this time around...maybe.

Blogging not only has made me more creative, it's an outlet when I'm stressed and it's made me more confident. Another funny little thing I've noticed is that since I've had my blog my English grade improved as did my writing, I don't know for sure if the two are linked but I'll take it. This little blog, my little space on the internet, has managed to inspire some of you which amazes me and motivates me to make more and improved content. I'm defiantly not the same blogger I once was, is anyone?

Though my blogging schedule and how I sometimes go through phrases of uploading regularly to disappearing for a while, I do love blogging and my passion for it has only grown. This year I made it one of my resolutions to spend more time on it and plan further ahead, which so far I think I kind of have. I'm still learning and always will be.

My entire blog has gone through two major layout changes in its time, the most recent this past weekend. With two new added sections further allowing my blog to grow, I can only hope that you continue to enjoy, love and support this blog as you have from day one and continue to join me on this little blog's journey to bigger things.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. After reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-mark and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete